It has been a wonderful week!
Let me start with my 19 week tummy pic.
Still a just blooming bump, but getting more noticeable!
*The dress I'm wearing, my mom purchased on her own for me! I love it, so cute, and comfy!!
Last week, my first monogrammed purchase for BBB arrived! The cutest little outfit!
A little onesie with a tie applique, with his monogram on it! CUTENESS! So, of course, since we're keeping the name a surprise, I had to block out the first letter, but the rest you can see! It is no secret his middle name will be "Charles", after his Daddy and Grandpa Birdseye, both of their middle names are also Charles!
I love the matching shoes!
Hopefully, this will fit him this fall and I'll put some brown pants on him, and this will be an outfit for his fall pictures! Though, it may end up being early spring pictures because I ordered a size "3-6" month, and what came in is a size 6 month only. So most likely it will be quite big on him this fall, when he is just 3 months old, but you never know, he could be a chubby boy! :)
The bottom of the shoes are brown suede. The inside is a fleece material, so soft!
The other night, I was sitting on the couch and all of a sudden, felt a big thump! It was the biggest thump I've felt yet, and felt none bigger since! Then the thump came again! And again! All in the same spot! (on the left side of my tummy). So since he was kicking in the same spot, I called Stuart over to see if he could feel, and sure enough, the baby kicked with Stuart's hand on my tummy! Daddy got to feel him for the first time! :)
I couldn't believe how hard the baby was kicking, it was so noticeable! Just an awesome moment getting to officially "meet" our baby boy! Stuart loved it!
Then the next day (yesterday) was such a memorable day! We had our 20 week sono to confirm is is indeed a boy (yes!) And the sono also measured him to make sure he is growing on track and that everything looks good. They measured his head, his tummy, his leg bone, and the amniotic fluid around him. Not only is he looking good, but he was measuring a full week ahead! I was 19 weeks, 5 days pregnant yesterday, and the baby was measuring right at 21 weeks! But! The sono technician said that the average weight for a 20 week baby is about 1 pound, but our baby was measuring about 13 oz., (so 3 oz short of a pound). So the baby was measuring longer than average, but a little lighter weight, so he could end up like his Daddy who at birth, was really long, (21 inches), but really skinny (6 lb 14 oz)! Who knows what BBB will be, but that was so neat to see how big he was measuring!
During the sono, he was vertical in my tummy. His head was near my belly button, and his feet were near my bladder, and his face was facing towards my tummy, inside, so we couldn't get a very good profile picture, but we did get some pics!
Here is his confirmation that he is a boy! The "x" marks the spot! Ha!
Here is a cute pic of his hiney!
That was all we got! Not nearly as many pics as we get when we do a 3D sono, but that's to be expected!
One thing that was a small concern for the doctor is that my placenta is low lying. It is posterior, so it's on the wall closest to my insides (which is good, because then, I should be able to feel his kicks more, since the placenta is not on the wall closest to the outside of my skin... does that make sense?) But, it was about 1 cm from my cervix, down low, which is not good, because if it covers my cervix, then at delivery, he cannot get out and I have to have a C-section.
But, with time, as my uterus grows, the placenta should rise up with the uterus, making it move away from my cervix, so I get another sonogram in 4 weeks to check on the placenta to see if it's moving up and away. (of course all I hear is that I get another sono, so I'm happy about that. The doctor didn't seem too concerned. He thinks it will move away.)
:)
I had wanted to video tape the sono, like we did in the past, but this time, we decided Stuart should not so he can just get to sit back and enjoy the sono. So no video tape this time! (but I'm thinking we'll video tape the 24 week sono since that is just a bonus sono I wouldn't normally be getting!)
After the sono, I had my official monthly doctor appointment, and it was really fast! I asked him about the pains I've had in my back, and near my rib cage, and he said that is just to be expected with pregnancy. That my ligaments are stretching and moving to support my growing uterus.
Then he measured my tummy, and I didn't hear what it measured, because that was when I was telling him about my back pain. :(
Then we heard the baby's heartbeat, and all was well!
That was it!
Then, since Stuart and I were together, and had the afternoon off, and we just confirmed he is a Boy, it was time to REGISTER!!! Yay! So so fun!
We went down to Lewisville to Babies 'R Us since that is the baby mecca. I figured it would probably take about 3 hours or so, since it's so big, and that is pretty much how long it took! It was SO FUN!!! We went up and down every aisle and found tons of useful things to register for! Seriously, looking at my list, the majority are "needs" and not just "wants". A baby needs so much! Crazy! We didn't get too wild with scanning willy nilly. The store said the average couple should scan between 150 - 200 items, and we ended up with 139 items, I think! A big reason for that is that we have been blessed with receiving a lot of our big items for free already!
And we didn't scan any clothes or socks or shoes because we are going to go to a big neighborhood garage sale in a couple weeks and see what they have there for that.
Target carries our cloth diapers we are going to use, so I still need to register for those at Target, but that will do it for us!
I was bummed, when we were all done registering, I realized I didn't take any pics of us scanning! I totally wanted to document that time! :(
I started scanning in the beginning, but then handed it over to Stuart and he had WAY more fun with it than I did! He would make a gun noise as he was scanning, and spin around, and act like a police man or something, using a gun! :) So fun!
We didn't get out of there until after 7, and we were hungry, so we had a commemorative dinner at El Fenix to wrap up our wonderful day!






The dress looks great on you (and with that sweater!) You are radiant. What a joy to see your joy! Love, love, love.
ReplyDeleteI love the little tie onesie and the shoes! Classy kid!
ReplyDeleteThat dress your mom got is SUPER cute - and super YOU! She must know you or something.
ReplyDeleteLove his tooshy pic! Already cute.
That is a great pic of you and "Charlie"!! :) And I WANT ONE OF THOSE ONESIE AND SHOES!! Where did you get it? Liam was wearing Carter 6 months last October when we came up to Dallas, so if you have a chubster like me.. it will be PERFECT for the fall!
ReplyDelete