Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thoughts on our Babe

Can I just say, it feels like FOREVER until he is coming! Now that we know it's a boy, I'm so much more instantly attached to him, as a little person I just can't wait to meet! Tomorrow I will be 17 weeks along. That sounds significant, like I've actually made some progress in pregnancy, (only 3 weeks away from half way there!), but MAN it feels like we have a LONG way to go! I know I need to start taking smaller milestones in to consideration and just look forward to that.
I should be feeling him move soon. I don't think I've felt him yet. The only thing I've felt lately that is a new feeling is like tiny cramps, right where the baby would be. Like little twinges that make me stop and think, maybe he's poking around in there? I know I've heard that the first feelings of the baby will be "flutters", like a butterfly, and to my knowledge, I have not felt that yet.
So I have that to look forward to, then the nursery design! I'm waiting to start buying things and officially planning the nursery until our 20 week sono appt with my OB where we will confirm he is a boy. (Just want to be sure before I go all-out nursery shopping!) Although, of course since finding out last week that he's a boy, I have been searching on the internet (relentlessly!) and did find this Texas Ranger crib mobile. PURCHASED! I couldn't believe how perfect it was and couldn't pass it up! Because baby decor online that I've found that is specifically of one Major League Baseball team so far, I have not found Rangers stuff! Typically stuff out there is for the Yankees, or Cubs, or other teams that have been around forever. So with that mobile, it was just too cute and perfect! It plays the song "Take me out to the Ball Game". SO cute!
Other nursery things I like so far..... I think I've decided to go with primary colors. I did have one baseball bedding set in mind, and I was going to paint the walls blue, and just stick with a red/white/blue color scheme, but talking with people, I've changed my mind, and we agreed that doing primary colors would be more cheery and bright. The nursery is already painted yellow, so we will just leave it that way! I think I like the bumper from this crib set, (just the bumper only!). I won't need a quilt because you don't put a quilt in with a sleeping baby anyways. Then for the crib skirt and window valances, my mom and I are going to go fabric shopping and find some primary colored fabric in stripes, and gingham, and a baseball pattern, and sew those items ourselves! Then we'll add in baseball touches in the room with accessories to bring out the baseball theme. I'm a little sad that the bedding won't have baseballs on it, although, hopefully we can find some fabric with baseballs for the crib skirt so it will have it on there. I also like this rug for the nursery, that will bring some big baseball touches! And it goes with the primary color theme! I like that that rug is a circle shape, because the nursery room is kind of small, so once we get furniture in there, I'm worried it will be a little tight, but I think having a circle shape in the middle of the floor will make it feel like it's more open than having a rectangle shaped rug, which would just go right up to the edges of all of the furniture.
I have ideas in my head for the nursery, but I hope it all comes together to turn out cute! I have to figure out a crib and changing table. I found each of those items that I like, but we'll probably have to save to get those in a couple months or so.
This boy better like baseball! He'll be surrounded with it! On Saturday, Stuart and I went to Babies 'R Us and found an infant sized Texas Rangers hat! (purchased!) We were going to get a newborn sized one so he could wear it home from the hospital, but decided to get a bigger size so he can wear it to Rangers games next spring! We did get a newborn-sized baseball onesie that we think may be what he wears home from the hospital! (Who knows if I'll find something else though between now and then!)
Oh! I have a picture! I forgot I took pictures!
Here is the Rangers hat and newborn outfit:

I did some more shopping this weekend! Here are the other sizes of clothes I have accumulated:
3 month size (and 3-6 mon size):

6 month size:
That little set on top in the orange stripes, it includes the jacket, onesie, and pants! Also, underneath that, you can kind of see a baseball sleeper outfit we found that has feet that look like baseball cleats!

9 month size:
I DIED when I saw those shorts! They are seersucker, blue and white striped shorts, with that little white belt! Oh my word!! Cuteness! I am hoping they will fit him next spring, maybe for Easter? But I know people have been saying he could be a big baby, and be wearing size 9 month, when he's just 6 months, or so. Who knows! So I'll just buy the size that I can guess will fit him, until he arrives!

12-18 month size:

Evidently I like plaid shorts. I bought him another pair of plaid shorts that I thought were adorable! I like the idea of mismatching, so wearing plaid shorts, with a shirt that has the same colors in it, but in a different style all together. He has that Beatles shirt above, and I also got him a Beatles onesie in size newborn! And isn't that other blue shirt cute?! Mustard and Ketchup saying "what's up dog?" to a hotdog!  hardy har har!  :)

So you can see I've had tons of fun clothes shopping! I haven't held back with the clothes shopping because I figure, in the wild case that we have our sono in 3 weeks and "he" turns out to be "she", with clothes, I can keep the receipts and just return stuff, easier to do than with big stuff for the nursery!

But I'm done clothes shopping for a while! I thought it was justified to do some shopping on the weekend we found out the gender, but I'm gonna slow down now because I know we'll get clothes at showers, and I also plan to go to re-sale shops and get some used clothing as well.

Something else to look forward to on my time line of trying to focus on the short milestones and not focus on how far away his arrival is:  Registering at stores, and showers! I think we will be blessed to have two showers. One given by my mom and 2 girlfriends, and then the other given by Cissy's friends and her family. Those will probably not be until June or so, so Stuart wants to wait to register for a little while longer. (While we were at Babies 'R Us on Saturday, I was so ready to man-handle the register gun!!!)
We do have plenty to look forward to before his arrival. I just have to start pacing myself and become less baby-consumed!!

1 comment:

  1. You are entitled to enjoy yourself!!! Take it all in, sweetheart. It goes by quickly. Love the clothes you've bought! I should be getting a couple of packages in the mail soon that I've ordered! Can't wait to give them to you! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete