Thursday, March 17, 2011

BBB on the move!

I... felt... him.... KICK!

I think I just skipped past that fluttery stage because, hey, this is muh first babe, and I don't know what I'm feeling for!!! I still say I have felt no flutters.
So, two days ago, before bed, on Tuesday the 15th, I was 18 weeks and 5 days pregnant, (you have to document these things, you know!) I was in bed listening with my heart beat monitor like I do every evening, and I heard him moving around a bit, (like I always do.) I always just hear his movements, and I love to hear his movements because that means he's a healthy, active little guy, but I had never felt anything. Someone told me (I forget if it was my mom or a friend), that you may feel some things you are not sure of, but when you really feel him move, you will *know* it was the baby.
So I had the monitor on the left side of my tummy, and I always press in to my tummy with the monitor so I can hear his heart beat and movements loud enough. Well I heard his swish (him moving), and then at the same moment, I felt a push RIGHT where the monitor was from WITHIN!!!! My jaw dropped and I was basically... flabbergasted!!!! I started laughing out loud, and called for Stuart so I could tell him this AMAZING new feature of having a small human growing inside of you. I don't think my jaw closed for at least 5 minutes. I was in a blissful state of awe. Then of course I started pushing on my tummy with the monitor to see if he'd do it again, and he did not. So then I started doubting myself, like did I REALLY just feel my baby move?!
So then last night, I listened with my monitor again, and this time, Stuart was already in bed, and the lights were out in our bedroom, but I've used that monitor so much, I don't need light to see what I'm doing, I've got it down! Pretty soon into me listening in, I heard him swish again at the moment that I *distinctly* felt him kick again, and again, it was right where the monitor was! (maybe he is not a fan of me pushing in on his home with a hard contraption!) He kicked about 3-4 times within about 30 seconds!!! Again I started laughing out loud and woke Stuart up, and told him about what was going on! Me and BBB (Baby Boy Birdseye) were having a party all to ourselves!   :)
I have not felt him move on his own, without the use of the monitor yet, and I think that is because A.) the monitor pushes in on him, and B.) the monitor helps me know it is him for sure because I hear him move right before I feel him move, so it's so clear that at the moment that it was indeed him moving!
It's such a weird/WONDERFUL feeling! It was like a little push from the inside, and an incredible reminder that he is actually in there! Makes me so SO happy to feel him! YAY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a whacky and wonderful feeling to have a separate, individual being kick you from the inside! You are his life line and will be, really, until he becomes an adult. While he is in the womb, then when you feed him nourishment created by your own body as he nurses, there will be no closer connection between two human beings. Your job, once he is born, though, is to provide for his growth to become an individual, independent and balanced physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Until he goes to school you and Stuart will be the strongest influence in his life; then, when he comes home and challenges his boundaries, you will be there to strengthen the ones that need strengthening and loosening those that need loosening. BUT for now, he is your little bundle of love, totally dependent upon you for life. What an honor that is! Enjoy every little kick and poke and flutter!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete