I'm sorry, I know, long time MIA!
Work is picking up, and since my work computer is my computer with my personal pics as well, if I'm on that computer, I'm working! So today, Saturday, I came in to my office just to blog!
I am moving out of my office this month (I have no plan of what day that is happening on, just going to happen before May 1st!) So my computer will be handy and in close range at home to blog more.
Stuart is on a camping trip right now with some friends and his cousin, so I'm home alone this weekend, with plenty of time! I had two photo sessions this morning, then went home and took a nap because it just wears me out more these days, (go figure!) This evening, I have one more session.
Tomorrow, my big goal is to attack the baby's room. I am going to take a "before" picture. It is currently our junk room. There is no reason for the junk in there. Some of it is just being held hostage, serving no purpose in life, and that pile will go to our garage sale in May. And the rest of the things in that room are trash! I, for whatever reason, like to hoard papers that I avoid putting into the filing cabinet. Papers that I feel I need to keep, but I just don't follow through with storing them properly. So they are littering (what will be) the nursery floor!
And since my office is moving back home, this clean out needs to happen ASAP, because the room that was my office at home, is now the baby storage room, holding all of the things (big items) that we have so far for the baby's room. So once I clean out the (junk) baby's room, I will then put the baby's things out of my office and in to there, so I can move my office back home! Our house is quickly filling up...
What once was a 4-bedroom home for two people, now has no inch of empty space!
I know once the baby arrives, it will feel even tighter, and we don't even have all of the big things yet for the baby! Another motivator to clean his room out is that I am ready to purchase our crib.
*Well, just writing that sentence has now caused me to 2nd guess my crib choice. So, I'll share a link of the crib... once I know which one we are getting! : /
We have, however, selected the bedding, and I ordered the baby's name banner to hang over his crib! And the rug for his floor!
So, the bedding... with the room being yellow, (and us not wanting to paint, and also, I like that it's yellow, in case miracle baby #2 comes along, and that baby is a girl - no repainting! (we live in a very old house, the less layers of paint on the wall, the better, AND, we were the ones who painted that room yellow when we first moved in, with the purpose of that being the baby's room one day), we wanted to use primary colors in his room. At first I was going to order this bedding. But the first detraction is its astronomical price. Other than that, while at first I did love it, it just wasn't cheery and happy enough, and didn't remind me of a baby's room. So then my mom and I decided that we would find baseball fabric online, and make the bedding ourselves. While there is plenty of cute baseball fabric online, it became overwhelming thinking about how are we going to match the fabrics, if we are purchasing them online, and which fabric do we choose, and what pattern do we use for the crib skirt, etc. Not only that, but wanting to incorporate primary colors, I found this crib bumper that I loved, so I figured I would just order that crib bumper and then use baseball fabric to make the crib skirt. But then, after probably 3 months of talking with my mom about it, and debating over it in my head until I could not debate any more, and for the reasons that I just said previously (picking fabric/patterns/matching the crib bumper to the baseball fabric/etc), we decided to just order the primary bumper, and the crib skirt that matched it. After making that decision, it felt good because then I realized that choosing one of those baseball fabrics would have made the room feel like a big kid's room, too old for a wee, precious newby. He has his future big kid room to look less babyish, but I want his nursery to look sweet and widdle-like. So, the crib skirt and bumper are chosen, and for crib sheets, I'm going to get a green gingham sheet, and also a red gingham sheet. And, Mom and I are still going to have sewing time, because we are going to make the curtains! I know that I want the curtains to be red gingham, and I want to incorporate buttons on it, in the shape of baseballs, but other than that, we are waiting to get serious about making them until the room is further along.
So, other than the bedding, the room is going to have many, many baseball accents. Which again, makes me happy that we did not go with bedding that actually had baseballs on them, because then every single item in the room would have had a baseball on it, and that could have been a BIT overkill on a theme!!!
The rug.... I was with my family at the Frisco mall a couple weeks ago, because Aaron and Nanette were taking pictures of the girls in a studio there, (they wanted to mimic the studio look that they had for Sonora when she was a baby, and do that for Sahara, and since I have no studio, I could not do it for them!) Once the pictures were taken, we had a break while they were being edited, and the mall happened to have a Pottery Barn Kids store in there, so I went in with my mom to look at the baby bedding we like. While in there, they had a clearance bin, and in it was a rug I had looked at before. (I was going to do a rug that had baseballs on it, but again, don't want to blind the child with baseballs everywhere he turns!)
The rug in the store matches the bedding perfectly, but full price, it was a bit much, but this rug on clearance had been used in their store as a floor sample, so it was marked 30% off! We of course hemmed and hawed over whether to buy it, and we unrolled it on the floor, and there was one spot at the top that had some fraying, but Mom said we could fix it, (she whispered that to me), but then to the store clerk, she asked since it was damaged, if they would take any more off, and the clerk gave us another 10% off, so 40% off total! Since the rug matched perfect, and it's an oval shape, which I wanted for that room, and it's super soft, and 40% off, I couldn't pass it up! It was a hard decision, since I spent 3 months debating over the bedding, to just walk in and buy this rug in one swoop, also since it was not returnable, since it was on clearance, so it was a commitment, AND Stuart was out of town, so he was not there to let me know what he thinks! But it was a good purchase, and I'm so glad I did! I love it! It is actually pictured (which I didn't realize until after I bought it), in the picture online in the room with the bedding we ordered!!! So there is a little look in to what his room will look like!
His room is coming together! I think I might wait to take final pictures of his room until it is all complete. 'Work in progress' pics are not as fun!
I *think* for his changing table, we are going to take our guest room dresser, and paint it white. It's a huge dresser, and a good height for a changer, so then it can be the changing table, as well as his dresser!
I'll take pics of that process, painting it white. Kind of worried about that big project, might not be happening until late May or so!
(**As I'm typing this, he is seriously kicking away!! He hasn't stopped kicking off and on for at least 20 minutes. That is probably the longest stretch of time so far that I've felt him constantly kicking.
How is this my life?! I have a BABY inside of me kicking right now!!!!!!!!)
Beautiful, beautiful life! Update your belly picture! Love, love, love you.
ReplyDelete