TOMORROW.
I'm starting to get not just excited (been excited for weeks!) but I'm feeling emotional about tomorrow.
I've dreamed of having a baby, as long as I can remember. I specifically remember writing in my diary when I was 7 years old, and writing out the names I liked for naming my children, then as a 7 year old practically baby myself! I did that for years. I still have those diaries! I always wrote out 3 boys names and 3 girls names because I wanted 3 children. (first and middle names for each!) The names that are the earliest I remember are Michael Andrew for a boy, and Rachel Diane for a girl. (the names have changed literally hundreds of times over!)
I'm sitting here at work, trying to get work done, but the thought creeps in my head that tomorrow, we are going to know if we have a son or daughter. Really?! Tomorrow?!!! To think that what I've dreamed of my whole life is one night away? I don't think it's sunk in yet. I don't think it will until I'm lying on the bed in the sonogram room tomorrow. How can that be possible? How is this my life? Let alone the fact that it's hard to believe the day has finally come, but it's that much harder to remember that a couple years ago, I began to get so jaded through this process that it was 100% a fact that I had to learn to deal with that I *may* not EVER have a baby. At least ever have the experience of being pregnant. That was a real reality for me that I (eventually) accepted.
And now, here we are. Worlds later.
Knowing if it's a boy or girl really brings the pregnancy to a new level. It's no longer he/she, her/him, or "it" inside me. It's our SON or it's our DAUGHTER. A real live baby that is going to come live with us soon!
My head feels all fluffy thinking about it.
And a bonus tomorrow... we get to see our baby! Finding out the gender is also fun, but getting to see the baby move and dance around and see its precious widdle body.... I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment