Wednesday, February 9, 2011

All Consuming

I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOP!!!!!!!!

There, it's out. It's all I can think of. In 2 weeks, I will, in fact, know the gender of our baby!!!! That blows my mind!
We are finding out on a Thursday, and I pretty much know that the next day will be a day full of SHOPPING. Not that I have an unlimited budget or anything (by any means!), but FOR SURE, some baby clothes shopping will be done!
And, it's time to start planning the gender party decor now!

I'm going shopping this Friday evening with Amy for all of the supplies. I did some Googling online and found some super cute ideas for gender party decorations! I'm straight up copying a lot of ideas, but I thought of some myself. It's all going to be so cute! The decor is going to be all pink and blue!   :)
I can't wait! It seriously consumes my mind (finding out the gender). I even am starting to think of events happening in pre-knowing-gender time frame and post-knowing-gender time. Like this new movie coming out, the previews are on TV all the time, and it comes out the day after we find out. So everytime I see the commercial for the movie, I think "when that movie comes out, I will know if we're having a boy or girl!!!"

Just for fun, I've started looking at baby bedding, but hey, I only have 2 more weeks until I can take out half of our options and get serious!
For a girl, I don't have a set theme in mind. I love pink and green, and anyone who knows me knows I love pink and green! Our wedding colors were pink and green, and my business colors are pink and green. I always thought I would decorate my daughter's room in pink and green. BUT! I think *because* I'm surrounded by pink and green, I really DON'T want to have that be in my daughter's room!
I found this bedding that I'm really loving so much! It caught me so off guard that I love it so much because nothing in my home is red. Seriously, nothing. I'm not a red gal! But, I think that's why I love this bedding so much! It's so different, and bright and bold, and happy! It just looks like a happy baby girl would sleep in that bed!  :)

For our boy, we know that his room would be decorated with a vintage baseball theme. Not all sports, just baseball! Stuart loves baseball, and we love Norman Rockwell, so it would be so cute to have a old-timey baseball theme! We'd hang Norman Rockwell baseball prints in the room. And this fan! How cute is that fan?!!! I'm not definitely positive on the bedding, but for now, I really love this bedding. We'll see though! Also, I think for a boy, it would be so cute to have a score board painted on the wall, and have the baby's name painted on the score board, with the birth date, and birth height and weight and home town. Like how it really is at baseball games! (they have their current height and weight on the board! .. not their birth weight...) And also for the board to say "rookie" by the baby's name.   :)
  
I can't wait to get serious about picking everything out for our baby, when we know who it is that is growing in my tummy!
I heard his/her heartbeat today. It's so hard to not sit and listen to it all day, every day! I read some where that I should only do it 3 times a week, so that the baby is not getting too many radio waves, or whatever it is the machine uses to receive the heartbeat sound. So I try to pace myself! It's such a joy to hear and know he/she is doing well!

Today was another snow day! Last week we had 4 snow days in a row. Stuart had all of them off of work! I had to work a couple days though. Today, Stuart had today off, so of course I had to stay home too! It's so hard to go in to work when Stuart is home! (well... And, he's home for a reason because UNT thought the roads were too icy to have people drive in, so surely, my 1.5 mile commute to my office would have been too dangerous, right?!) We did nothing all day. Didn't leave the house! We watched the old movie "All Quiet on the Western Front." We read that book in high school, but I do not remember it at all. It was sad!
And we watched just a bunch of other shows! I did take a 3.5 hour nap though. I laid down thinking I'd just lay for a bit, and was quite surprised how long it ended up being! I guess baby needed some rest!

Tomorrow, I am 14 weeks along! Just amazing!

2 comments:

  1. love your blog!! so excited to find ou8t!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I super duper love the girl's bedding! I'm not a big fan of red, but that is just too cute! I'm sooooo excited for yall to find out the gender!!!!

    ReplyDelete