Saturday, November 16, 2013

Isaac this morning - 2 precious things

I just went in to get Isaac this morning, waking up for the day.
I opened his door and he said "Morning, Momma".
:)
First time to say that!
(Every morning Daddy says, "good morning, Isaac". First time for his to say it first on his own!)

Then the 4 of us were sitting on the couch shortly after, and Case coughed really hard, and Isaac said "Bless You."
(never said that before!)
Daddy and I both ooohed  and awwwed over him saying that, and then he said to me, "Bless you, Momma".
So sweet and precious to hear him start saying more phrases and words everyday.
He says a few sentences now.
Says "It's hot outside."  or "It's cold outside."
"I need a sock."
"I need a shirt."

Simple phrases like that, but still to think that in just May of this year I blogged about the few words he knew, just a handful! Now he talks all the time. Sometimes he will still just look at me and babble, as if he is really saying something, but it is jibberish. I love that! Because he, in his mind, is saying something to me, and it's so cute to hear him just babbling like a baby! Something I know will soon fade away all together forever. (SAD!!!)
Case now has as many words, nearly, as Isaac did in May!
Maybe I'm just picking up on them earlier than I did with Isaac because I know what to listen for, but it does seem that Case is talking sooner than Isaac.
We say all the time how it is so nice now that Isaac can tell us what he wants and communicate. That was our biggest tantrum frustration time, about 1 year ago when Isaac had no words and could not communicate, so he would throw a tantrum, and that was a really rough period for us. (unhappy time!)
Isaac is still hard-headed, and does throw a fit easily, but I don't know what to chalk up to him being 2 years old, and what to wear myself out correcting.
These are sweet and trying days!
When he says beautifully sweet things, like he did this morning, 2 year old tantrums quickly fade from memory!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment