We had such a wonderful weekend, I just want to pause and write down our days, as a snippet in time.
On Saturday I had to deliver an order to a client in Dallas. Instead of heading down there by myself, I asked if my mom could come watch the boys so that Stuart and I could have a date! The client lives in the Bishop Arts district in Dallas, so I had heard there were cute restaurants and shops in the area, and he and I would have a good time. Mom took the train up and then after I finished packaging up the order, Stuart and I headed down there. I delivered the order first and then we made our way to Oddfellows to eat. It was delishhh!! I had the salmon scrambled eggs and Stuart had eggs benedict. So so yum! It was PERFECT weather out, in the 60s/70s, so we ate at their picnic tables outside. It was actually a little chilly because we were in the shade a little, but like a gentleman, Stuart lent me his jacket, so he was the chilly one! It was so nice to sit outside, enjoy our meal, just us two. (well, we shared the table with another couple and their newborn baby!) But still, we didn't have our little ones to entertain! Then we walked around the shops down there. All such cute things! We found a frog lunch bag for Isaac. (he had been using an open-top baseball bag that I got in the dollar bin at Michael's!) So it was time for a lunch bag, and it matches his froggie MDO backpack. :)
The shops were all a bit pricey to actually get much else, but it was still fun to browse and meander around the streets. Really such a gorgeous day out, and nice to have some free time with the hubby.
Then we returned home soon after and Stuart grilled out hamburgers and Dad came up, and had dinner with us. (well, Dad was late, but we all still enjoyed a yummy burger!) Mom and Dad love spending time with the boys, and I love having them over!
On Sunday, Isaac and I trekked out to a park in Frisco to meet Kim and a couple other friends and their kiddos. We had a great morning! It was so nice to enjoy time with Isaac and focus one-on-one attention with him. He craves that attention, now that brother is here to share the spotlight. We ran around and he had a blast playing all over. He makes me think he is such a big boy when we are at the park. He runs around all on his own and takes off, fearlessly, up and down the jungle gym apparatus' and the slides, etc. He loves it and he is so much fun!
Then after the park we all went out to lunch at Dairy Queen. He was great. He behaved well and just sat in his high chair and ate bits of my lunch, and a banana and snacks I brought for him. Then he slept all the way home on the drive! (and he slept all the way there! So perfect!)**When we first arrived at the park, I woke him up from his car seat, he looked at me with a huge smile, then he looked out and saw we were at a park and got so happy!) :)
When we returned home that afternoon, he was still sleepy from the drive so Daddy tried to put him down for a nap, but after a while, Isaac wouldn't have it, so he was up to play!
We all 4 went to the park around the corner. Two parks in one day for Isaac! We played for a bit, but it was too windy for Case. He kept wincing and getting startled and losing his breath from the gusts of wind! :(
So I took Case home and Daddy took Isaac home a bit later. Then that evening was the Super Bowl. We were all invited to go to Stuart's work friend's house to watch it, but it's too hard to take both boys out, so I stayed home with Case so he could nap at home, and Stuart took Isaac. Stuart said he did great and just ate and ran around. After 2 hours I left to pick up Isaac so Stuart could stay longer kid-free. I put both boys to bed by myself and then relaxed until Stuart got home. (Isaac was great while I put Case down first. If I put on Barney, Isaac will either watch that, or he'll run around and play with toys by himself in the living room while I am putting Case down.)
I have been struggling with Isaac's temper tantrums, so any time he is well-behaved, I am thankful! I totally understand that he is 18 months old and GOING to have tantrums. I am just trying to figure out how to deal with them, how to respond, when I should punish, how I should punish, etc. Raising a toddler is the HARDEST thing I've ever had to do in life! For a few weeks there a little bit ago, Isaac was having tantrums all day/everyday! If he has fits, it affects our whole day, because then we are just slaves to his behavior! I want to try to ward off the tantrums and prevent them if I can. And if not, then I hope to treat them and his behavior in a way that he sees it is not beneficial to have one in the first place! (I know, like reasoning with a wild animal... he's 18 months!)
But really he has been a lot better the past few days. Or maybe I am growing more patience to just endure through them until he is recovered.
He is turning into such a little boy and he is growing and learning everyday. It is SO FUN to see him figure things out.
Some animal sounds he says are:
-"Mmmmmm" for a cow
-he has a machine gun sound he makes for a horse's "neigh"
-Stuart taught him to say "vroom" and shake his body for the sound a tractor makes! ;)
-he snorts for a piggie
-has a high-pitched "aaa" sound for barking like a dog
- he sort of has a "mah" sound for a cat's meow
- he also has a "oooo" sound for both an owl and a monkey!
The cow sound was his very first animal sound to make, maybe a month or more ago. We were looking at his favorite farm lift-the-flap book and we said "mooooo" for cow, and he responded with "MMMMM". For a second, Stuart and I were like "did he just say moo?!" (His version of moo!) It took us a second to realize he was trying because that was his first animal sound to make! So he still says "mmmm" for cow.
(And he also says "mmmmm" after eating bites of food!)
No comments:
Post a Comment