Baby boos and Punkin' doos,
(Your names are ever evolving!)
I can really tell how you have grown lately! You are just getting so big!
You are accumulating chunks on your arms, thighs, tummy, and CHEEKS! Still your cheeks are the pudgiest, squishiest, yummiest part of your body. I kiss them ALL DAY.
You weigh 14.5 lbs. I'm not sure on your length. Need to pull out the yard stick! (or.. actually buy one!)
You wear all size 3-6 month clothes, and some 6 month size! (size 3 months is too small!)
I believe you still eat about 4-5 oz. per feeding. When Birdie comes over, if I give her a bottle (5 oz) and think you won't finish it, you always do for her! She is good at getting you to finish bottles!
You pretty much eat about every 3 hours. Just depends on when you slept/woke up last, but it averages to be about 3 hr intervals!
You have really discovered your hands and love to stare at them, and then suck on them!
We were in our home group for church yesterday, and watching a video, and we hear a "suck suck suck"... you sucking away on your hands! So cute, (and hopefully not annoying to the other peeps there who are not your adoring mother who thinks everything you do is cute!)
You are getting to be so fun. I honestly love you more everyday. Just getting to know your personality, and it is really coming out! You goo and coo all day. If you are up from a nap, and fed, you are as happy as can be! If we lock eyes with you and talk to you, you really respond and talk back! You coo and squeal and communicate! You jut your jaw out and say "oooooo". SO CUTE to see your little mouth and jaw move, really talking to us. So hard to believe just a few short months ago, you were a newborn who would stare blankly at the ceiling and just eat and sleep!
Now, you still love the 'ole ceiling fan! And any light source. You make a LOT more eye contact these days, but if your eye catches the fan, it's your best friend! Sometimes, while nursing, your eye will find the fan and I have to block your eyes from it so you focus and continue eating!
It's so cute. You typically nurse while lying on the Boppy pillow. So you know, as soon as you lie down on the Boppy, you instantly turn your head to my body and open up your mouth and start moving it in a sucking manor. You know it's time to eat!
I fear I don't lie you down on your tummy enough. We do about once a day or so, but you only last for about 10 mins until you are DONE with that. Your neck is getting strong, holding it up while we hold you, you're always looking around! But I know I need to lay you on the floor more so you can gain the strength you need for the days that are coming soon of rolling! I guess I don't like laying you on the floor because it's hard (wood), and also I'm sure even with my sweeping, that there is so much dust and dog hair down there. On your playmat, I lay it on our rug, and also put a blanket on top, so you have some extra padding. Our next house will have carpet! Wood floors are pretty, but not for a baby who is going to be down there playing, and one day crawling!
And... we are moving! It's definitely for sure that we will be selling our home in the next couple months. I think just with my work being so busy this time of year, we probably won't list our home until January. There are a few homes out there now that I like which makes me want to do it now, but it would just be crazy trying to get the house ready right now, while I'm busy working. Because MUCH de-cluttering would have to happen before we could list our home! Also, January/Feb are my slowest months, so that would be ideal for me to spend those months packing. I will have the time!
It's exciting, but overwhelming. It's just such a grown-up thing, to have to know about all the details that go in to buying/selling. And big decision making has to happen as well!
But I'm excited to have a bigger home for you to play, and extra storage space, which we drastically lack right now!
(but your room right now is by far my favorite room in our house. It will be sad to leave your first nursery which I lovingly picked out every detail to make that room look its cutest! We'll have to re-create it in our next house!)
My friend, your babysitter, Emily moved! So you now are still getting held once weekly by your favorite Birdie, and as of last week, I have two friends watching you, one day a week each. They both have older boys, so you have some kiddos to stare at and they make you laugh! :) You just go from 9-2, and it helps Mommy SO much to be able to work uninterrupted at home. I love keeping you at home with me (!), just when I do, it's so hard to get much done; and that would be fine if it were just me wanting to keep a clean house, be a full time stay at home Mommy, but since I have clients waiting on me to get their pictures to them, (especially now for the Christmas deadline!), it's a must that I have to get work done. Just through December though. I will have you all to myself in Jan/Feb!
You did your first chuckle!! It was not an all out belly laugh, but it was a smile with sound behind it! (the most of a "laugh" you have done so far!) It was on Oct. 27th. I was just playing/talking with you, and out it came! You have done it a handful of times since. One other time was when I was giving you a bath. You looked at me and laughed! It makes me giddy inside to hear it! I know that this little chuckle sound means that a full on belly laugh is not far away!! YAY!
You were sick for the first time about 2 weeks ago. You got a cold. Your eyes looked sick and you were kind of fussy/tired, and then your nose got stuffy and you had a cough! You had a low temp (99.4), but since this was your first time to be sick, I still took you to the doctor. She just said to put on a humidifier, and give you children's tylenol to help with your fever. I bought a nose-sucker thing (battery powered!) to help with your stuffy nose. Of course you hate it, but it works at sucking out your sad stuffy nose! It's hard for you to eat when your nose is stuffy because your whole mouth is nursing, so you can't breath out of your mouth. You have to take breaks to breath! :(
You are on the mend now. Mostly just your stuffy nose lingered for a few days, but it's better now.
Some factoids:
-You bear weight on your legs! Sometimes, I will stand you on my lap, and you will bear weight! If I lay you down and push on your feet, you will push back with your legs! Strong boy! :)
- You have the exact hairline I did as a baby. Your hair on the left side swirls back. I need to post a picture of me to compare. You can see your hairline here...
I love it! So unique.
We still don't know what color to call your eyes! Some days they look blue, some days green, and some days gray! I don't know why, but it really bothers me that I don't know what to call them! Just it's a normal thing to be able to say what color your baby's eyes are, and I never know what to say! They truly are a unique (beautiful!) color.... just I don't know what to call it!
I changed your nap routine! You now nap on your tummy in your crib! I don't know why I tried it. I've just heard that babies sleep well on their tummies, albeit a controversial way to sleep. So my compromise is that you won't sleep that way all night. In my head, it's safe to have you sleep like that if I'm awake and can check on you.
I nap you like that during the day. On your tummy, with your head facing the left (purposely because typically, when awake, you ALWAYS prefer to turn your head to the right, so I want to balance that out!), also give you your doggie pacifier and cuddle that under your arm. You really go to sleep fast this way! You always nap 45 mins - 1 hour.
You take about 5 naps a day. It's so hard to know. You are on a "sleep - eat - play" routine. So the time of your naps just varies based on what time you wake up that morning! I always feed you right after you wake up, so then we play for a bit, and then you eventually tell me you're tired because you get fussy. So I never look at the clock to see if it's "nap time", because I know it's nap time because you get tired! Then I put you to sleep and we start the cycle all over again. (wake up, eat, play, get fussy, get put down for nap). So not having a strict routine of specific times that I "know" you will be tired makes planning outings kind of tricky, but thankfully, you will happily nap in your car seat. So it's not that bad to take you out in the day because I know you'll just nap there! But now if we are out in the evening, and it's nearing bed time, and you get fussy, you are really hard to calm down unless we are home and putting you to bed. We pretty much know we need to be home around 6:30 in case you melt down and want to be put to bed. Because when you're ready for bed, no amount of consoling or cuddling will make up for the fact that you are not in your crib sleeping!
I've also started putting you down on your tummy for your initial put-down of the night. We always struggled getting you to sleep for that first initial put-down of the night. You would fight it and cry and wake up off and on for an hour or more. So now, I put you down on your tummy, you sleep for 2-3 hours until Daddy and I go to bed, but before I go to bed, I wake you up for a "dream feed", then swaddle you and lay you down on your back for the night. It's worked well so far! Then you are already sleepy and go back to sleep easily on your back!
We are both losing our hair! You have a nice ring around your head, like Friar Tuck, only in reverse! You have hair on top, and on bottom, just not in the middle!
Me on the other hand, my hair is coming out and getting everywhere! Quite annoying! I don't mind the fact that I'm losing hair, because my hair is so thick as it is, I could stand to have it thin out, but it's just annoying to constantly feel it on my arm/leg, anywhere, as it's falling out! I'm sure our floor has a layer of my hair all over the house!
We had to take your head support thingie out of your car seat, because it became hard to put you in your car seat with that in! You outgrew it! You look like such a big boy in there with no head support!
I forget if I've already blogged this factoid, but after you sneeze, pretty much every time, you make a sound after. Like "ahhhh". It's so cute! Like grown-ups do after they sneeze!
I have a version of it on video, but it's not the true sound you usually make. Need to try to tape that (but impossible since I can't predict when you will sneeze!)
Our cute boy during the month of October!
Tummy rolls!!
Hello Hand!
You belong in my mouth!
Meme always makes sure he is nice and warm!
I bought this Halloween outfit on clearance at least 3 years ago. What are the odds that it perfectly fits my baby at the right time of year?! Providence! :)
Cute baseball boy!
Macy!
Napping while I have lunch with Emily on the courthouse lawn.
Precious Sonora decorated pumpkins with Meme!
She is so sweet and tender with Isaac. (wearing butterfly wings Meme brought her!)
All of her treasures!
Pearl in the background... she has been replaced. :(
Mommy and Daddy had a dress up date night! We went to see the Avett Brothers in concert. Was a fun night! We were exhausted even before the band took the stage at 10pm! But we made it the whole night and crawled in to bed around 1:30 am or so. (Meme and Grandpa were kind enough to babysit Isaac!)
Monkey pj's!
Adorable overalls sent from my Aunt Sharon.
He looks so sweet and precious and tiny here... like a real baby. :)
He's always had a crooked yawn... love!
A cute shirt Daddy and I bought at the Gap outlet this past spring while we were driving home from visiting friends in San Antonio. I was 20 weeks pregnant at the time. I knew it would be so cute this fall!
The State Fair! My favorite thing to do in the fall. We go every year as part of my birthday celebration.
He really slept most of the day! And it was quite cold out. We bundled him up!
Love this! Our little cowboy! Holding on to the saddle and all...
So cute and snuggly..
Precious!
My mom was holding him on the couch and looked over and noticed the shadow on the door was both of their profiles! So neat!
October was a fun month! Looking forward to November! Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment