Monday, September 19, 2011

Random Updates!

I look at you and still cannot believe that you are my biological child that grew in my womb. I really believed that the only way I would get to be a mother was through adoption, which I looked forward to and wanted(!); but I truly did not believe that I would get to experience pregnancy, and my own biological child. You are a miracle.

Sometimes, when you are in a deep sleep, your eyes flutter (and often times stay open, which totally freaks out your dad! He does not like that! He shuts your eyes with his fingers!) But sometimes your mouth will move as if you are sucking/nursing. That is so cute!
A couple days ago, (on the 18th), I looked down and you were sucking your thumb! You had never done that before, and have not again since, but it was so cute to see you doing that! You found your thumb all on your own, and to see you sucking away on it, was like watching you do what real babies do!
You are not a tiny newborn anymore. You are a baby! You are filling out so much. Getting lots of chub on your arms and legs. Thighs! You are 13 lbs.! You wear size 3-6 month clothes, but that is also because of your cloth diapers. They fill out the butt of your clothes much more than disposable diapers.
I put your newborn sized clothes into a box in the attic the other day. That was sad! The baseball outfit we took you home from the hospital in, I could not bear to pack that up, so I put it on a hanger and hung it to display in your room. I did not wash it from the last time you wore it, (you did not get it dirty!), so I like knowing that it was last worn by you, and will forever stay that way. It already looks so tiny compared to your size now. There is no way you could fit into it any more. It does make a little piece of me sad that my widdle baby is not a newborn any more. Don't get me wrong... we are very excited for all of the new things you are learning everyday, and to get to watch you grow and explore.... but still, just sad that you are already past that stage of life. To me you are still new, but you have already passed the milestone of "newborn-ness"!
Not to fret on the clothes front though. You seriously have so many clothes, that I am hoping that you get to wear all of your BRAND NEW clothes at least one time before you out grow them. Not only were we given a ton of used clothes (that are still cute!), but we were also given so many gifts of brand new clothes for you! You are one decked out little guy in the clothes department! It seriously drives me crazy to look through your clothes drawers and know that I'd be lucky if you get to wear each thing once. It feels like a mission of mine to make that happen!
Not just the size you are in now, but you have MORE than enough clothes to last you until you are size 2T. That is TWO YEARS of clothes! (our attic is getting full)...
We'll definitely be passing on your clothes once we are all done with them, (and save some for a potential miracle #2!). We were so blessed to received so many things for free, 2nd hand, that I want to pass that on to the next person who could use them!
CLOTH DIPES! My joy. I don't know why, but I always knew I would love doing it, and I. DO. It brings me joy to wash your diapers. To hang them outside to dry. To take them inside and stuff them and get them ready for the next go round. Then to snap them on your cute, precious toosh. I love knowing that we are re-using them everyday. That we are not buying diapers that I will only get one use out of, then in to the trash. We used disposables for the first 5 weeks of your life (waiting for you to get big enough to fit in your cloth diapers), and it was all good and fine! I know using disposables is not the end of the world! I know that they are convenient and definitely a heck of a lot less time consuming, and just fine for the majority of the population! But for me, I have really taken to cloth diapering, and just for whatever reason, I hope it stays that way. Sure, in a couple months, washing your big, solid-food, stinky poops is not going to be fun! But they make disposable, decomposing liners that help with that, and we already have a sprayer to attach to our toilet to spray it off, and ....well, I'll just figure it out as it comes! But for now, with your breastfed poop, it's SO EASY. I just take your dirty diaper off, toss it in the diaper pail, then when it's washing day, dump the whole pail straight in to the washing machine! SO EASY. The machine does the rest!   :)   Makes me a happy Momma.
 Taken a couple days before you turned 6 weeks.
 Looking a little scared/uninterested in your pacifier, with the helpful hands of your 2 cousins!







Precious cousin time!





 Your cousin pretending she has a camera like her Aunt Julie!  :)

Squishing Rice Krispy Treats that she made with Meme!

No comments:

Post a Comment