Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Royal Wedding & Belly pics!

Last week, on April 29th, Prince William & Kate Middleton were wed!
Being a PW lover my whole life, of course I had to watch it! My mom had the fun idea for her to spend the night, so we could get up together and watch it live!
We had so much fun!


Mom also had the idea that we should make silly hats (since the Brits would all being wearing gaudy hats to the ceremony), and we should have tea and a fancy dessert!



It was SO FUN!
I had some nice china from my grandmother. So we used those tea cups and saucers.


And I also had a nice tea pot from my paternal grandfather's mother! (great-grandma!) I had never used it before. It's been sitting on a shelf in my living room as decor since we moved in 6 years ago!



I picked up some tarts from Kroger the night before. They certainly looked fancy, and tasted delicious!

Our silly hats!



The whole morning was so fun. We woke up at about 3:15 am and immediately put the TV on. There was much coverage on leading up to the ceremony. We saw the whole thing. All of the royal party driving down the streets, making their way to the church. Then the big arrivals, when they step out of the car, revealing what they all are wearing. Then we watched the whole ceremony and some of the coverage after. The big kiss on the balcony of Buckingham Palace was scheduled for about 7:30 am, our time, but we couldn't make it! Being up for 4 hours before that, we were so tired! So we recorded the rest of the events and went to bed! We slept until 10:30am and then Mom had to leave to get to work (and I also went to work!)
Stuart slept the whole time. He got up like normal to be at work at 8 that morning. He did not partake in our festivities!
I loved that we watched everything live. It was crazy to sit there (in our fine hats and pajamas) in our living room staring at our TV, and seeing how beautiful everything was, and to think, this is really happening RIGHT NOW! It just wouldn't have been the same if we had slept in and recorded the ceremony. It was a big world event, taking place before our eyes!
Here are some pictures of the day.

That week, I did not get around to taking a 25 week belly pic! So those (in my pj's pouring tea!) will have to do as my 25 week belly pic!
But to catch up on previous belly pics that are due:

23 weeks:




24 weeks - on Easter Morning:

More updates coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment