Monday, May 9, 2011

Moving out, and on

Well, I realize that I wrote that last post just about 3 weeks ago (sorry for the lack of posts!), but that already seems so long ago, because I no longer feel like his arrival is forever away. It feels like it will go by so fast! It's funny. It's hit me that yes, of course I'm anxious for him to arrive, but at the same time, these are the last days of his pregnancy! Of feeling him move inside of me through out the day. Of watching my tummy ripple. Of knowing that he is ALWAYS with me. That part is already making me sad that I'll never have this time back. Of course I realize that mid-July, when my fingers will be like thick sausages about to bust from their skin, I will be counting down the seconds until I can be induced! (you know, because by then, I'm sure I'll have my doc on speed dial asking "today?!")
 But there is so much to be done before he comes, yet I know that too will go by quickly.
That list I made last time, since then I have ordered/received the 4 Norman Rockwell baseball prints, (haven't framed them yet, though), and we also bought his crib! We went to that neighborhood garage sale a couple weeks ago, but did not find a crib. We did however purchase a bike trailer for the baby to sit in, (when he is bigger!) We got it for a steal, and it will be perfect to put him in, so Stuart and I can ride our bikes to the park near our house, and then out we go to play in the park! Fun!
So we got our crib this past Saturday (on our 6 year anniversary!) (I will have an anniversary weekend post later,) but during the day, we had some time to kill before we could go check in to the lodge where we spent the weekend, and Babies 'R Us was having a sale on their nursery furniture, so it was a good time to go buy! I am so glad I waited to get the crib. I have had it picked out since Feb or March, but was waiting until the house was a little more ready to hold the crib. I have had a 15% off coupon off the price of the crib, that is the standard coupon they always have circulating. But this past week, I received an ad in the mail that their nursery furniture was going to be 20% off during May! Every bit helps! So that is what sealed the deal that it was time to purchase! (That, and that we are having our yard sale this Saturday, so after that, I will have somewhere to finally set up his crib!) The crib is on back-order, so we won't actually have it in our house for a couple weeks. (all the more time to clean first!)
We went ahead and purchased my fave crib. (yes, I know, the travesty of it, I will have to live with the fact that the crib skirt is covered!)    :)
I just think I would have not have loved any other crib as much.
My office is all moved home! It feels so weird to sit in my office at home, and look around, and it looks just like it did before I moved, like I never left! It was sad moving back though. I did really love having an office outside of the house, and the most upsetting thing was that I don't have a picture of my office all set up in that other building. I was there for 7 months, and I just have a few snap shots on our phone of little corners of the office, but no big picture that shows the whole office, all put together. When I realized that (looking around my home office with my furniture already moved all back in).... I cried. Just sad that that part of my business is over, with no picture to show for it. My office there was so cute and it was a big deal to have moved out of my house. Sort of like a "you've made it" type milestone. It was totally my decision to move back home, and when I did move in to that building, I definitely didn't think I would only be there for 7 months. But it just was the best financial choice. That was just extra money being spent each month on rent that was not completely necessary. My office at home works just fine, and when we set up this home office, we had special features done that I had to leave by moving out, like the gallery lighting, and my "birdseye photography" decal that is on the wall over my desk. With the baby coming, it just makes sense to be able to edit from home, and to be able to save where we can.
Here are the few snap shots I have:


This is when I was first moving in last Oct. Things were still being set up on the shelves.

 The sign on the road outside of the building. On Locust St. just north of the downtown square.



I searched high and low for those curtains! They needed to match my current decor style/colors, but also be cute! I loved them. Now I have 3 sets of curtains with nothing to do with them! I'm just going to keep them *in case* they may get used in an office in the future.
Here are pics from us moving out last week:
Furniture already out...
I LOVED having that top shelf. It was great to display photos and print samples!
I also loved those walls. The whitewash planks looked so cool!
And the other textured walls were neat as well!



That's all I've got! : /
Oh well. It was good times!
But I know, I KNOW it was a good decision to move back home. Our lives are changing, and definitely for the better. I certainly would not have been up at that office much in the fall once he is here and I'm working only part time. The office at home will get more use!

1 comment:

  1. You know,I didn't get to the office! :o(

    Time is going to go by quickly. I'm so looking forward to the yard sale this weekend. Time to clear out the clutter and get ready for the baby!!!

    ReplyDelete