Monday, March 4, 2013

phone notes


I take notes on my phone for both boys. Here is what I have for Case so far, starting at right as newborn up to 4 months old.


Case!

- Wants to be held
- Chokes a lot! While eating. Sad because he turns blue! :(
- 12 lb at 4 weeks old. Big! Gains about one pound per week!
- sleeps with eyes open a lot. Eyes flutter & open & shut!
- eats/wakes every 3 hours
- "our gift"
- Daddy mostly takes care of Isaac & I have Case for first month of life. Mommy photographing Case or working on computer finishing past orders with Case on my lap while Dad has Isaac.
- started cloth diapers at one week. (compared to waited till 5 weeks with Isaac. Was scared with him & didn't want to jump in.)
- generally very happy baby. Starting to fuss a little more compared to when he was brand new. Used to not even fuss for a diaper change! Now just fusses when he is either hungry or just wants to be held. (both are very often!!)
Never fusses for having a dirty diaper.
- call the boys " this one & that one"
- really feel like I have bonded with you. I spend a lot of time with you & love you so much. Feel like I have soaked up every minute together
- loud burper!
- never spits up
- doesn't like swaddle. Just wrap up in a blanket so your arms are tight, but not restrained. You get frustrated if you can't move your arms at all.
- nap on boppy on couch during the day. Found that sleep well on boppy on stomach during day. Not at night when I'm asleep.
- grunty, very noisy
- hairy ears like your brother
- 12.5 lb at Christmas hospital
- mom loves to go through & organize your clothes & what fits right now & what you've outgrown. Don't know why. Loved this with Isaac as a baby too.
- took to nursing right away from day one. Latched on good from the start. With Isaac, had to work at it a little more. Could also be that this is my second time, so I know what I am doing now, but really Case got it from the start.
Nurses at least once every two hours during the day. Sometimes more often. But at night, has one big stretch of sleep first for about 5 hours or so, then wakes up around 2:30 to eat, then again around 5:30.
- still has newborn ear hair at 2.5 months   :)
- belly button hernia
- fists have lint in between your fingers because you always have closed hands
- can take or leave your pacifier.  If u are tired I can get u to take it & it helps u fall asleep.
- so Smiley!!  :)
- big open mouth smiles!  Squirms his whole body!  :)
- has undergrowth of tiny baby hair that grows straight forward & then a top patch that is extra long that blows around. I comb it to the left,  like brother's hair.
- startled eyes all the time - BIG open eyes!!
- sticks lip out before crying. Cries says "bah" in cry
- love ur soft, red, warm, squishy cheeks to kiss after u wake from nap! :)
-eyes get extra blue when u cry
- for first 2 months, before u slept in crib, I used ur crib as a closet of sorts. Put in there all ur Christmas outfits to choose from to get u dressed for the day. Or other clothes I wanted to be sure u wore before u outgrew.
- 2-23-13: you see me from across the room & watch me & follow me with ur eyes.
- have bad cradle cap. Drives mommy crazy!! Getting better now. Peaked worseness about a month ago.
- will just look up at me & smile. :)  very easy to get u to smile.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment