So yesterday, you had a 3 oz bottle of breast milk left over from going to your babysitters, so I randomly thought, if I add just 2 oz of formula, then you should take it since there would be a greater ratio of breast milk.
I think it helped that you were hungry, you sucked down 1 oz very quickly, but then soon realized what it was you were eating, and stopped all together! So then I didn't want to waste that milk so I made you oatmeal with it,... you cringed. Then today, made you oatmeal again with it (kept the bottle in the fridge overnight), and you cringed again, so I thought to sweeten it up, I'll add pears! You not only cringed, but your body shook in its tart disgust!
I wanted to be sure it was the pears that you were not liking, and not just the formula based oatmeal (which I realize is also not your fave!) So I gave you a tiny bit of pears mashed up and warmed, all by themselves, and you were appalled that I put that in your mouth! Spit it out instantly and quivered!
So..... formula... not having it.
Pears, (sweets!) ... not having it.
Makes Mommy feel overwhelmed that you will never eat anything but breast milk! I know this is not true, but I thought you would have no issue taking other foods, since you are a good eater!
Here you are eating something you have come to enjoy... oatmeal made with apple juice:
And then these were taken at Christmas when we stayed at Birdie's house. We put you in the same high chair that Daddy used when he was a baby!! :)
You were so little in it, and had no sitting support, so we had to hold you as I fed you!
At first you weren't crazy about oatmeal, so I know we'll get there with other foods, I just am nervous about the whole weaning thing. How do I get you to take formula? Just keep trying, I suppose!
No comments:
Post a Comment